Recurring in Spring, Summer and Autumn|
Dolomitic Climbing Week
A whole week climbing unforgettable historical trad climbing routes.
Time and location
Recurring in Spring, Summer and Autumn
Rocca Pietore, 32023 Rocca Pietore, Province of Belluno, Italy
About the experience
- Activities: mainly multi-pitch trad climbing
- Base camp: Walden climbing house in Rocca Pietore (BL)
- Where: Dolomites
- Level: 5th grade and minimum level of alpinism knowledge
- Participants: 1 or 2
- Period: Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Days: 7
- Nights: 6
- Climbing days: 6
- Scheduled dates: upon request
Price: 1.500€ per person
The Dolomites are the largest and most spectacular limestone climbing area in the European Alps with towers rising steeply up to 1,600 meters (5,250 ft) above gentle alpine meadows. There is an abundance of moderate, classic rock climbing routes, mostly involving fairly short approach hikes from the road or following an overnight in one of the full-service huts or mountain lodges. The culture and food in the Dolomites are a mixture of Italian and Tyrolean, the wine is always good, and the locals are very welcoming.
The length of the climbs relative to their approach time means that the Dolomites offer some of the best value you can get worldwide. Some climbs are very popular and others see less than one ascent per year.
Our base camp will be the Walden Climbing House, a b&b run by our mountain guide from which there are breathtaking views of Mt. Civetta.
Given the abundance of climbs in the Dolomites, we can adjust the itinerary during our climbing week to the preferred challenge level of our clients and the weather.
The climbing program is decided on a daily basis based on technique and experience.
We are going to leave (early) in the morning (depending on weather conditions) and come back in the afternoon.
Lunch will be a snack while climbing. We are going to have a great dinner at Walden Climbing House or at some restaurants depending on your preference.
- Day 1: Arrival at Walden Climbing House and have a brief on the Dolomites, the style of climbing, mountains around, and climbing routes
- Days 2-7: Every day we will climb a route based on the grade, technique, alpinism knowledge and overall experience
- Day 7: Last climbing day and return home!
What is included
- 6 days of climbing
- 6 nights at the Walden Climbing House
- 6 breakfasts at the Walden Climbing House
- Certified Mountain Guide for the entire duration of the trip
- Pre-departure meeting with the guide and climbing partner
What is excluded
- Travel from your hometown to Rocca Pietore (BL), Dolomites
- Restaurants and bars
- Dinner (at Walden Climbing House: 15 € on average)
- Fuel for the short transfers
- Anything not detailed in the "What's included" section