Mon, 06 Mar|
Lofoten Ski Touring
Ski on virgin snow slopes amidst the thousand colors of the Lofoten Islands.
Time and location
06 Mar, 07:00 – 13 Mar, 07:00
About the experience
- Activities: ski touring
- Base camp: Rorbuer, the traditional fishermen’s houses
- Where: Lofoten islands
- Level: fair skiers, good level of fitness
- Participants: from 4 to 6
- Period: winter
- Days: 8
- Nights: 7
- Skiing days: 7
- Scheduled dates: 6-13 March 2023, 13-20 March 2023
Price: 1.200€ per person
- Ski in one of the country's finest backcountry skiing mountain ranges
- Mountain guide with an abundance of knowledge so that you get safely both up and down the mountain
- He/she will also take you to the best peaks with the best snow conditions
- Stay overnight in traditional Rorbu, Norwegian style of house that was used by fishermen.
- Northern Lights too! (If we are lucky)
The picturesque Lofoten Islands of Norway are scattered just north of the Arctic Circle, sandwiched between the Vestfjord and the Norwegian Sea.
Majestic mountains and steep Nordic peaks characterise the Lofoten Islands, which are surrounded by deep blue fjords.
The wide variety of terrain offers an endless playground for skiers that can handle intermediate to sustained runs. Steep channels climax in the highest point in the archipelago, Higravstinden, which stands at 1,146 meters.
We’ll be ski touring above the polar circle, where the contrast of the sea, snow and mountains makes for a spectacular adventure.
After long days of skiing we’ll take shelter in Rorbu, a traditional Norwegian style of house that is used by fishermen.
- Day 1: Departure from your hometown to Evenes (Narvik-Harstad), car rental and transfer to Svolaer (2h)
- Day 2: Varden (750 vertical meters), beautiful view from the top of the town of Svolvaer and the Norwegian Sea
- Day 3: Torskmannen (755 vertical meters), striking environment and rewarding skiing
- Day 4: Geitgaljen (1085 vertical meters), beautiful skiing in Patagonian-style environment with views of spectacular fjords
- Day 5: Kvittinden (710 vertical meters), simple outing but with slopes perfect for skiing
- Day 6: Rundfjellet (803 vertical meters), another splendid route, you start in the middle of birch groves to continue in glacial-like environment and end on ridge aerial
- Day 7: Pilan (828 vertical meters), possibility of concatenating also the summit of Sautinden (596 vertical meters)
- Day 8: Possibility of a short skimo tour on the way back. Transfer to Evenes airport (Narvik- Harstad) and flight back to your hometown.
Depending on weather and snow conditions, the program may be subject to change.
What to bring
- Skis, Boots, Poles
- Ski Crampons/Ice Axe
- Beacon, Shovel, Probe
- Ski clothes
- Ski backpack
- Sunscreen / Chapstick
What is included
- 7 days of skiing
- 7 nights at the Rorbu
- Certified Mountain Guide for the entire duration of the trip
- Accident insurance
- Van/Car rental
- Pre-departure online meeting with the entire group
What is excluded
- Restaurants and bars
- Anything not detailed in the "What's included" section